Competition: What’s your signature dish?
UPDATE 10/04/12: The standard’s been very high, but we’ve managed to whittle the entries down to two. We’re now going to follow both recipes and make the dishes before choosing a winner. Stay tuned!
Here at foodforfriendsyeah we believe that you, no matter what skill level, have one special dish that you cook really really well. You’ve cooked it so many times over the years, tweaking and perfecting it, that it’s now become your personal Signature Dish. You could probably even cook it with your eyes closed (don’t try this at home)…
Well, now’s the time to share your recipe and enter the biggest competition we’ve ever launched. You have until Midnight March 31st 2012 to share your Signature Dish with us, to win all of the following prizes:
Riverford veg box, meat box and cookbook
You’ll know from our recent review that we’re big fans of Riverford and their delicious veg boxes. Did you know they now deliver meat as well though? Try both with a medium veg box, “Quick & Easy” meat box and for inspiration, the new Riverford Cookbook. – riverford.co.uk
A year’s supply of Kellogg’s Mini Max
New Kellogg’s Mini Max is a great way to set your family up for the morning ahead. Delicious, crunchy little parcels of baked wholegrain wheat that provide just the right balance between a breakfast that’s good for them and a taste they’ll love. Try it yourself with 1 year’s supply (12 boxes). – kelloggs.co.uk
The Cookiepedia by Stacy Adimando
The Cookiepedia is a beautifully designed cozy-cute cookie book with illustrated instructions for every cookie you could think of. From whoopie pies and chocolate crinkles to triple chocolate cookies and chocolate mint, these cookies will put the Girl Scouts to shame. – amazon.co.uk
A jar of Byron Bay Cookies
Last time we gave away some of these cookies, it was our most successful competition ever. Luckily the guys at Beyond The Bean were kind enough to donate some this time around as well. The good news is, now you get to choose a whole jar of your favourite flavour! – beyondthebean.com
The Cook’s Book, by DK
Master every technique and develop your culinary skills with classic, contemporary and innovative recipes from around the world. Eighteen top chefs, including Marcus Wareing, Charlie Trotter and Ken Hom, present the basic preparations and the best methods with clear, step-by-step advice. – dk.co.uk
A year’s supply of Easy Do cleaning products
You’re going to need some help with cleaning up, that’s why we’re also giving away a years supply of Easy Do cleaning products! In the collection are Dishmatic liquid dispensing sponges and a selection of EcoForce recycled cloths, scourers and pegs. We’ve been using these products for 3 months now and love them! – dishmatic.com
How to enter
We’d like to see as many Signature Dishes as possible, so we’re going to try and make this easy. Firstly, let’s make something clear – you must enter your recipe and not one copied from a recipe book or another website. Handed down family recipes are great though, we love those!
All accepted entries will be featured on foodforfriendsyeah, so bonus points for great writing and photographs:
- Register. It’s free and easy and gives you access to our recipe forms
- Submit your entry using our recipe form, attach 1 photo if you have one
- Tweet, Facebook, Comment or shout out the window saying you’ve entered
- Check back to see your Signature Dish on foodforfriendsyeah!
Fellow food bloggers, you are also invited to enter as above, or by posting your Signature Dish on your blog:
- You must include a link to this competition, otherwise we may miss your entry!
- Please also leave a comment below with a link to your entry, so everyone else can see it
Unfortunately there have to be rules, but we’ve tried to make them as fair as possible:
- One entry per person
- Competition is open to UK residents only *
- Closing date is Midnight March 31st 2012 (as long as your entry is in before this time, it’ll be counted!)
- Recipe has to be yours, or a member of your families
- Winning Signature Dish to be chosen by editors Matt and Laura
- The Winner will be contacted via email and announced on this page
- foodforfriendsyeah family members may enter, but you cannot win (sorry Mum)
* Riverford deliver to England only, so we ask that if a winner outside of England is chosen, you donate your Riverford box to a England dwelling friend or relative! Fair?
We’ve tried to cover everything, but if you still have a question, please don’t hesitate to comment below or contact us direct.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
To see the current entries on foodforfriendsyeah, click here.