Easter Cornflake Cakes
These lovely little nostalgic treats bring back memories of party buns – really simple and scrummy. I have tried to make them a bit more adult and a bit more healthy by adding some seeds and nuts.
- 3 Mars Bars, or Snickers if you like nuts
- 1 tbsp golden syrup, or runny honey
- 1 dessert spoon butter or marg (not low fat spread as it separates)
- Cornflakes, Rice Crispies or other cereals
- 1 cup of mixed nuts, raisins, sunflower or pumpkin seeds etc
Line a bun or muffin tin with 12 cases.
Chop the Mars or Snickers into inch sized chunks and put in a large pan together with the butter & syrup and melt over a low heat stirring to blend thoroughly. I sometimes pop in any odd squares of chocolate which are lying around the house to add to the chocolateyness.
Remove from the heat and stir in the nuts, seeds & raisins. Gradually add in your chosen cereal until most of the chocolate goo is absorbed, but it still looks sticky enough to bind together.
Spoon into bun cases, decorate with a mini egg and chill to set.
These keep in an air tight tin for 3 or 4 days.