Chicken in a sweet red pepper sauce
Red pepper sauce
- 1 large onion, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1/1.5 inch of fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, trimmed seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp ground coriander seeds
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 large chicken breasts, sliced
- 240ml/8fl oz water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- vegetable oil, for cooking
- salt and pepper
Put all the red pepper sauce ingredients in a blender, and whiz to a paste.
I used a wok, but a large non stick pan would do. Place the pan on a medium heat, and pour in a little oil. When it’s hot, add the paste and stir-fry for 10-12 minutes.
Add the sliced chicken, water, and lemon juice. Give it a stir, bring to boil, before covering and reducing the heat to low. Simmer gently for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
Season with generous amounts of pepper, and a little salt to taste.
Serve with rice. Bon Appetit!